I was tagged in the Next Big Blog Tour by the lovely Mary Behre. Thanks Mary for thinking of me.
So here it goes,
1) What is the working title of your next book?
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
From my readers asking me if I was going to write the continuation of Jett and Nikki’s story from Texas Wide Open.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Ugh, I hate this question because I never picture actors for my stories. And plus, I am so horrible with names. I’m always like, who was that one guy, you know with blonde hair and played in that one movie? So because this is my post and I get to make the rules, I’m gonna skip this question.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Trouble maker, Nikki Logan is home after burning every bridge when she left town two years ago, now, Jett Avery, the one man who wants nothing to do with her, finds himself back in business of cleaning up after Nikki.
6) Who is publishing your book?
Kensington out in December 15, 2013.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
This book took awhile because I had a hard time writing Nikki Logan. She kept coming across like she had a bad attitude and a chip on her shoulder. In the end, that’s exactly how I wrote her. This book took me over a year.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I would love to be compared to anything from Linda Lael Miller and Lori Wilde.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Writing Texas Wide Open naturally lead me to write about Cole’s sister, Nikki. The more I learned about Nikki the more I realized she had her own story to tell.
10) What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?
I did a lot of research about pool and gambling for Hustlin’ Texas. The last game of pool between Nikki and Jett is based on an actual WPA championship game.
Awesome! Glad to hear that pair is going to have their own story. 🙂 Looking forward to its release!
Thanks CR, this story is even grittier than the first one, so I hope itworks. O:-) Thanks for commenting.
Can’t wait to read HUSTLIN’ TEXAS!! xoxo
Thank you love! I just turned in the edits. Soon!